What Is Viking Race?
Established in 2013, the 10k Viking Obstacle Race course is located on the beautiful Sunny Hill Golf Course in Greenville, NY. One of the few permanent course setups in the Northeast, something that sets Viking Race apart is its range of obstacles including Dragon's Tooth, Odin's Tables, and Asgard Skywalk. It is a mandatory obstacle completion event including more than 45 obstacles over a variety of terrain including grass, hard packed ground, a creek bed, mud, and asphalt. Grip strength and balance are key to successful completion of this course, which is a little brother course to larger Shale Hill Adventure and has hosted 10 events since its inception.
What Are The Different Formats?
There are several different format choices for those wishing to participate in a Viking Race day event:
- Ultra Viking 8 Hour Event: Runs from 8:30am-4:30pm and includes as many laps of the course as possible. The first 2 laps are covered in entry fee, with each additional lap costing $5 upon completion of the race. All finishers of 3+ laps will earn lap pins and be eligible for special award tiers based on final lap count.
- Team Ultra Viking 8 Hour Event: Runs from 8:30am-4:30pm. Teams of 2 will include 1 male and 1 female, and one 20 lbs. weight will be carried per team through entire course.
- 10k Fun Run: Runs from 11:30am-4:30pm.
- 5k Fun Run: Runs from 11:30am-4:30pm and includes 1 lap of a 5k course.
- Kids Viking Field Day: For kids ages 5-13. Runs from 7:30am-4:30pm and includes field games, a trip out to part of the course, and various activities to keep kids busy all day. Kids can jump in and out of the event based on race schedules of their guardians.
...Whatever format you choose you are invited to all the fun of the race day after party: there is an all-you-can-eat BBQ prepared on site by the Sunny Hill staff! Additionally, the course is also open for training days for $25 per person (free for resort guests).
How Is Fierce Gear OCR Involved?
We are super psyched to be announcing our partnership with Viking Obstacle Race for the 2018 season, and want to pass that excitement on to YOU! We will be present as a vendor at Viking Events in 2018 to hook you up with any race day nutrition you might need (and may also have some special Fierce Gear swag/giveaway items ONLY available at events!). Additionally, we have put together a special Viking Race nutrition bundle of products selected by the race director himself! Click here to check it out.
Heading to a Viking Race event and want to know your race day fuel will be there but not have to worry about remembering to buy it/pack it/bring it? We've got you covered! Click the link here to put together your own personalized race day package of products and select "Viking Race Day Pickup At Venue" at shipping, and it will be there waiting for you at our table on race day. It's that easy!
Sunny Hill Resort is a nearly 100 year old family-owned all-inclusive resort.
The build team prides itself on crafting the course with a truly natural Viking feel.
Viking Race has a small, family feel which keeps participants coming back year after year. Come check it out to see for yourself!
Sounds Great! How Do I Sign Up?
Click here to register for the Viking Race Day July 28!
Use code fiercegearocr for $5 off!